Adding Categories to Online Donation Form

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lospugs

Adding Categories to Online Donation Form

Post by lospugs »

I'm trying to figure out how to allow members to pay for member financed activities from the online donation form, or whether or not that is even possible.

In my view of my own account when I go to the donations page where I would pay personal tithing etc, I only see "Book of Mormon" and "Temple" in the Other category.

When I'm looking at the Stake donations page (I'm the stake finance clerk) I can see a sub-category for Girl's Camp on the other section. Is there any way for the ward levels to put in categories that would then be visible to the members of their units in the Other category for the online donation forms?
eblood66

Re: Adding Categories to Online Donation Form

Post by eblood66 »

No, AFMA payments cannot be made online. See the 10th question on the Donations FAQ.

Some additional information can also be found in this thread: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... hp?t=39131
crseggie

Re: Adding Categories to Online Donation Form

Post by crseggie »

Unfortunately there is no way to allow access to the general membership.

Per the donations FAQ:

Consistent with Church policy, our ward may have a fundraising activity to raise money for youth activities such as Young Women or Aaronic Priesthood quorum camps. Can this money be donated online?

No, contributions made for fundraising activities are not considered donations but are considered a payment for goods or services and cannot be completed online. They are similar to paying for the cost of craft projects that are part of a Relief Society activity. They must be done through your local ward or branch.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”