Merged accounts

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Marniedune

Merged accounts

Post by Marniedune »

I accidentally merged my LDS account with my son's LDS account. How do I undo the merge?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Merged accounts

Post by lajackson »

Marniedune wrote:I accidentally merged my LDS account with my son's LDS account. How do I undo the merge?
You probably did not merge your account with his. An LDS Account belongs to the person whose Membership Record Number is on the account.

If you set up an account using his MRN, you should rename the account and give it to him. Then you should set up your own LDS Account using your MRN.

If the account has his name and your MRN, you should rename the account to be yours, and then your son would set up his own account using his MRN.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A merge can only be done by support. If it was done in error, you would contact them the same way to unmerge it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Did you accidentally copy over Gospel Library annotations from one account to another? That is possible, on Android Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
staceyvanwagenen

Post by staceyvanwagenen »

I accidentally copied over my annotations to my daughter's account. Is there a way to undo that?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

staceyvanwagenen wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:14 am I accidentally copied over my annotations to my daughter's account. Is there a way to undo that?
I do not believe so, but someone else here may speak up if there is a way. If your annotations are gone from your account, I think you would need to copy everything back over to you again. Then you and your daughter would have the not so enjoyable task of each deleting the annotations that belong to the other person. If your annotations are still on your account, your best solution might be to offer to help your daughter delete yours from her device. (An odd sort of quality family time [grin])

This is a long shot, but if your annotations have not yet synced with those of your daughter at her account on the main Church servers, I believe it is possible she could sign out of Gospel Library, uninstall the app, then reinstall and sign in again. After she did that, only the annotations that were on the main servers (ideally hers) would download to her mobile Gospel Library again. (The uninstall/reinstall might not even be needed.)

But this is not likely to work, because Gospel Library is becoming quite efficient at making sure everything is synced and up to date.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A few years ago it was possible to copy annotations from one account to another in Android Gospel Library, by signing out, choosing to keep the annotations on the device, then signing in to the other account and choosing to merge annotations. However, the option to keep annotations on the device when signing out was removed, because of the possibility of accidentally merging annotations to a different account. Now, the only way this could happen (that I can think of) is if you created all of your annotations in Gospel Library without being signed into any Church Account, and then signed in and chose to merge the annotations. Does that sound like what happened?

Sadly, there's not a way to reverse merged annotations, and there's not currently an easy way to delete annotations in bulk. :(
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”