New vertical floating toolbar

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New vertical floating toolbar

Post by lajackson »

I sent feedback about the Firefox inability to copy problem through the app. The GSC responded that they escalated my feedback to be reviewed by the developers.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I have at least received acknowledgement from the Feedback people regarding several issues I submitted. We'll see how quickly they get them fixed.
Unfortunately, they didn't consider the animated toolbar to be a bug. It's just classified as something to consider for a future release. I think it's a huge usability bug, but I'm not the one who gets to classify that.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:54 pm Unfortunately, they didn't consider the animated toolbar to be a bug.
I think it is a bug if it does not work. Usability issues aside, I hope they figure out what to do to make it work in Firefox.
mevans

Post by mevans »

lajackson wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:36 am
mevans wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:54 pm Unfortunately, they didn't consider the animated toolbar to be a bug.
I think it is a bug if it does not work. Usability issues aside, I hope they figure out what to do to make it work in Firefox.
In that comment I was referring to the usability issues I have with the animated toolbar in other browsers. I also had submitted a bug about problems with Firefox not working at all. I believe they accepted that one as a bug. I would hope that Firefox being completely broken would get more prompt attention, but I'm not the one setting priorities.
mevans

Post by mevans »

:D Good News! :D
I observed in my studies this morning that several things seem to be fixed! Maybe everything I reported has been fixed; I'm not sure yet (except the animated toolbar, which they didn't consider to be a bug). Since I saw fixes, I tried Firefox and it's working for me now, too!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:57 am I tried Firefox and it's working for me now, too!
Thank you for the report. I just tried and it works for me, as well.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”