Question about an LDS.org Music Transposing tool I can't find anymore.

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rachet2002

Re: Question about an LDS.org Music Transposing tool I can't find anymore.

Post by rachet2002 »

I could find it for hymns... but not for the primary children's hymns.... HELP!!! I want to put together a group of sons for the kids to sing, but need it all in the same key!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rachet2002 wrote: I could find it for hymns... but not for the primary children's hymns....
The link in this post will take you to the Hymns. In the yellow bread crumb bar at the top you will see that you are at Home / Collections / Hymns. Click on Collections. Scroll down underneath hymns for the Children's Songbook.
heatheroverly

Post by heatheroverly »

Ghosts371 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:49 pm I can't find the "switch player" button, I have looked using both chrome and firefox, did they remove it?
Today I was able to transpose the song! "Switch player is at the bottom of the song. I'm so happy!
So go to the hymn you want and then scroll to the bottom and automatically it will open the setting so you can easily change to any key you want.
bethsgarden

Post by bethsgarden »

You can now add an extension to your browser: "Flash 2022". this is an emulator that will allow the music transposing tool. I have tried it and it works!

There are extensions for Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. Once the extension is installed, refresh the music library page in the hymns, choose your hymn, open it and then choose 'switch player' at the bottom of the music sheet player. Then you can change the keys to the hymns.
Unfortunately, this does not work for the children's hymns, only the hymns in the Standard Hymn Book.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bethsgarden wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:03 am You can now add an extension to your browser: "Flash 2022". this is an emulator that will allow the music transposing tool. I have tried it and it works!

There are extensions for Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. Once the extension is installed, refresh the music library page in the hymns, choose your hymn, open it and then choose 'switch player' at the bottom of the music sheet player. Then you can change the keys to the hymns.
Unfortunately, this does not work for the children's hymns, only the hymns in the Standard Hymn Book.
The new interactive player doesn't require Flash – you should be able to use it without an extension.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is the original flash-based one even on line anymore?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:27 pm Is the original flash-based one even on line anymore?
It's not, except possibly via Archive.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “General Discussions”