meet.churchofjesuschrist.org enrolled Google Meet account has no access to Google Docs

Discussions about other Church websites
tim8888

meet.churchofjesuschrist.org enrolled Google Meet account has no access to Google Docs

Post by tim8888 »

Hello all,

I have followed the enrollment instructions found at https://meet.churchofjesuschrist.org/ for leaders to create a Google Meet account with an @meet.churchofjesuschrist.org email address. Out of curiosity, I checked to see if this new account has access to Google Docs and got the following message:

We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Docs. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access.

I have left feedback on the church website regarding this issue, and I understand that these accounts are intended for local leaders to use Zoom or Google Meet for video conferencing. Are there any plans for the church to allow Google Docs access for these accounts? I understand that I can create a personal Gmail account for Google Docs, but I would much rather use the Church-provided account for leadership functions such as Google Docs for the Ward Council agenda, etc.

This is all probably wishful thinking on my part, but it would be really nice if the church would offer these Google accounts for any leaders who have access to LCR. Perhaps they can use @leader.churchofjesuschrist.org for the email addresses, assuming @churchofjesuschrist.org emails will not be offered.

Return to “Other Websites”