Endowments for sibling who has passed away

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:26 am

Endowments for sibling who has passed away


Post by richmarcom »

My sister passed away about 1-1/2 years ago. I have been trying to get her set up to do her endowments. She was baptised at the age of 8 and was born in the covenant. She is on my family search file with her birth and death date, but I can't figure out how to submit for her work to be done. One person told me it might be because she is already listed as baptised. She was inactive for many years, but in her last few years, she became reactivated. At that time, she was living in Kenai, Alaska, but I don't know if her records were ever transferred. Her blessing and baptism records were originally in Ventura, California. She was born in 1940 or 1941. I would need to my genealogy records to confirm that, but her birth date is November 8 of one of those two years.

I am really puzzled and don't know where to turn, and I am anxious to do her work. I do have a copy of her death certificate. Please advise.
Community Moderators
Posts: 10660
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Endowments for sibling who has passed away


Post by lajackson »

If you will contact one of your ward Temple and Family History Specialists, they will be able to help you with these proxy temple ordinances.
Community Moderators
Posts: 8928
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:30 am
Location: USA, TX

Re: Endowments for sibling who has passed away


Post by jdlessley »

Has her death been recorded? Until it is, no proxy work can be done. Ask your ward clerk to see if her record is available by starting the record move-in request procedure in Leader and Clerk Resources. He doesn't need to complete the move-in but he can see if the living record exists. If the record exists he can contact the Global Service Department (GSD) to have her death recorded. He will need her full name and either her birth date or her membership record number (MRN) to find her membership record.

Even if your clerk does not check to see if the record exists he can call the GSD to see if her death was recorded. And if not, have them record her death.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
Community Administrator
Posts: 32087
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Endowments for sibling who has passed away


Post by russellhltn »

Do you see her baptism as already done? If not, then you don't have her membership record added. I'd do a search for a duplicate record and combine them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Post Reply

Return to “Church Account”