Quarterly report from previous quarter bug

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
garystroble

Quarterly report from previous quarter bug

Post by garystroble »

Today, last day of this quarter ending 6/30/22, the following showed up when I clicked on the quarterly report:

"The number of ministering interviews recorded has changed since this report was submitted. To update the report with the new values, click Update.

Ministering sister companionships interviewed
23 / 28"

And then it wanted me to click to update the numbers of this statistic from the quarterly report for the quarter ending 3/31/22. Problem is, the numbers did not actually change, the number was 25/28 and that was the number in the quarterly report and it was right. What is happening is that the software has factored out the ministering sisters who moved out of the ward in the April-June quarter and now it wants to go backwards in time and pretend their interviews done in the previous quarter did not happen. I am not going to click to update. I have called the GSC on this and have also at their suggestions submitted feedback and also let our Bishop know so that he can forward to the Stake President for discussion in the Coordinating Council. The Church wants accurate statistics. This glitch will smash accuracy very nicely.
garystroble

Re: Quarterly report from previous quarter bug

Post by garystroble »

Now it says this and wants me to click to update (what the heck):

"The number of ministering interviews recorded has changed since this report was submitted. To update the report with the new values, click Update.

Ministering brother companionships interviewed
/ 20
Ministering sister companionships interviewed
/ 30"
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I do not know, but I wonder if you will be able to complete the next quarterly report without accepting the previous one. I agree that you should not have to "accept" the last report if you did not make the changes.

I think recent changes to the computer system may be getting in the way, but I doubt that the GSC would be able to overcome them.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

lajackson wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:50 am I do not know, but I wonder if you will be able to complete the next quarterly report without accepting the previous one. I agree that you should not have to "accept" the last report if you did not make the changes.

I think recent changes to the computer system may be getting in the way, but I doubt that the GSC would be able to overcome them.
I ignored the erroneous changes to the previous quarterly report, and was able after midnight MDT to complete the new quarterly report without a hitch.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the takeaway is that you can't file quarterly reports early. While there may be no more church meetings, membership records can transfer at anytime up to the very end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I think garystroble was saying that the stats on the 1st quarter report, submitted in April, were changed, probably do to move in and outs, and that he was being asked to "resubmit" the report to account for the changes.

I suspect this was due to recent program changes. I am glad you were able to ignore them and go straight to the 2nd quarter report on which we begin working today.

Of course, if you do not get any budget money next quarter (based on the 1st quarter report) . . . [grin]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 pm I think garystroble was saying that the stats on the 1st quarter report, submitted in April, were changed, probably do to move in and outs, and that he was being asked to "resubmit" the report to account for the changes.
Yes, but that only happened when he "clicked on the quarterly report".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 pm
lajackson wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 pm I think garystroble was saying that the stats on the 1st quarter report, submitted in April, were changed, probably do to move in and outs, and that he was being asked to "resubmit" the report to account for the changes.
Yes, but that only happened when he "clicked on the quarterly report".
I think what I posted was clear. Sorry it seems to have caused confusion.

Once the MDT date rolled to 1 July the problematic notice(s) regarding the 1st quarter quarterly report disappeared, so they were but a brief moment, and passed before me as if in a dream :lol:
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:45 am I think the takeaway is that you can't file quarterly reports early. While there may be no more church meetings, membership records can transfer at anytime up to the very end.
I was not trying to submit the quarterly report early. First of all that is impossible to do as the template does not exist yet, secondly, if you read what I posted earlier I said it went through fine after midnight Mountain Daylight Time. Nowhere did I indicate I was trying to submit the 2nd quarter report early.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:29 pm I was not trying to submit the quarterly report early.
Ok, but you did go into the Quarterly Report before the quarter was completely over. For whatever reason, the software didn't play along with whatever you were doing.

It's been pretty common in the past for stats to change with move in/move outs - even prior period stats caused by recent moves. I think there's a desire to know how the existing members are doing rather than how well "the ward" did.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”