Audit Chairman cannot see LUFAS app?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
reidmel

Audit Chairman cannot see LUFAS app?

Post by reidmel »

:?: Our new S1C has been assigned as the Audit Chairman, but the LUFAS Tool does not appear under his applications.

Interestingly, he is still a Bishop and can access LUFAS through his Bishop login, where he can see all the Stake audit info, but can not edit or manage audits through LUFAS.

His Stake Calling as Audit Chairman is a standard calling, that displays (apparently) correctly under Stake callings. and in the Stake LUFAS view. He has had the calling for days, so it should have had time to update fully by now.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot getting LUFAS to appear as an application?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Audit Chairman cannot see LUFAS app?

Post by lajackson »

reidmel wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:28 pm Our new S1C has been assigned as the Audit Chairman, but the LUFAS Tool does not appear under his applications.

Interestingly, he is still a Bishop and can access LUFAS through his Bishop login, . . .
It could be that there has not yet been enough time for his audit committee chairman calling to float through the system. It could also be that his bishop calling is confusing the system because of the dual callings.

I would start by making sure his audit committee chairman calling is in fact recorded correctly, then contact the GSD to have them look at the dual calling situation.

Of course, I doubt he would fuss if the bishop calling went away soon. [grin]
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:36 pmthen contact the GSD to have them look at the dual calling situation.
I would guess that the GSD probably won't be too bothered about the dual calling situation not working. Audit committee members aren't supposed to be responsible for any stake or ward finance record keeping. As a bishop he still has oversight over his ward finances. So I don't think he can function as audit committee chairman until he's no longer bishop.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 am Audit committee members aren't supposed to be responsible for any stake or ward finance record keeping. As a bishop he still has oversight over his ward finances. So I don't think he can function as audit committee chairman until he's no longer bishop.
Found in General Handbook 34.7.1.

It appears from OP and reading the assignments, this bishop is also a councilor in the stake presidency. I assume this is due to a recent change in the presidency. Like others, I suspect the issue will go away once released as bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Also make sure his stake counsellor calling is the one that is selected at the top right of the main LCR screen (where it will show the unit etc). There's a similar issue with new members of a bishopric who still hold their previous stake calling not being able to see a lot of the finance stuff in the LCR menus until they select the correct calling.
reidmel

Post by reidmel »

Thank you for the replies and support. We’ll wait until he is released as Bishop and expect the audit privileges will be resolved at that time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please note what caillines said. When holding multiple callings that grant access to LCR, that drop down list determines which "hat" his is wearing. He does not automatically get the sum of the two rights. If he goes in as bishop, he won't see the rights as a member of the stake presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
reidmel

Post by reidmel »

Thank you for that note and reminder.

When logged in as S1C, he has no access to the LUFAS app, it is not in his Applications menu, despite holding the Audit Chairman calling (Standard, not Custom).

When logged in as Bishop, he has access to LUFAS and surprisingly can ~view~ Stake audit info, but cannot ~manage~ any Stake Audit functions.

So, the calling conflict seems the most likely cause. We will need to wait a few weeks to verify that hypothesis.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

reidmel wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:37 pm When logged in as Bishop, he has access to LUFAS and surprisingly can ~view~ Stake audit info, but cannot ~manage~ any Stake Audit functions.
I'm wondering if he already has the normal access to LUFAS for the stake audit chairman. According to the Help Center he should be able to view all audits in the stake (which it sounds like he can), sign audits (this doesn't happen until the audits have happened which won't be for few week still), edit audit committee notes, and enter resolution dates for exceptions (which wouldn't happen until audit are done either).

I'm not sure where the audit committee notes are but if he can view and edit them then he probably has the necessary rights. The other rights won't be applicable until the audits are done in a month or two.

What Stake Audit functions were you expecting he could manage?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”