Attendance for those with callings in other organizations or as stake officials

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
ahallam

Attendance for those with callings in other organizations or as stake officials

Post by ahallam »

What should we about recording attendance at Relief Society, elders quorum, and Sunday School in the new system for people who have a calling in Primary or AP or YW or who are on a church assignment in another unit?

Someone like this could roll up as not attending during a quarter if we don’t track this down. But doing this in a big unit is burdensome. And contacting people about their attendance seems intrusive. Maybe the high councilor simply decided not to attend any second hour meeting in any unit in a given week.
garystroble

Re: Attendance for those with callings in other organizations or as stake officials

Post by garystroble »

Quorum, Class, and Primary Attendance

To record class and quorum attendance, use the “Class and Quorum Attendance” screen in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) or Member Tools. The Quarterly Report will automatically be updated with the information entered using the class and quorum attendance tool. Count only those who appear on the ward rolls, not visitors. Those who are unable to attend priesthood or Sunday Relief Society meetings because of a Church assignment are to be recorded as attending (including full-time missionaries serving from the ward).

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... t?lang=eng
ahallam

Re: Attendance for those with callings in other organizations or as stake officials

Post by ahallam »

So this does mean that someone must contact every person who has a stake calling who is not attending on given Sunday to see if they are attending a different unit or sick or on vacation.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I interpret it to mean that if they have a calling which may mean they cannot attend meetings at least sometimes then you can mark them as attending even if they are not there. But that's just my personal interpretation.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The instructions say that those who are not there "because of a Church assignment are to be recorded as attending". According to the instructions, you mark them all as attending.
ahallam

Post by ahallam »

My question is how do I find out without contacting every one of them personally every single time. Sometimes I contact them, sometimes I guess. Just wondering what most people do.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ahallam wrote:My question is how do I find out without contacting every one of them personally every single time. Sometimes I contact them, sometimes I guess. Just wondering what most people do.
When I was a ward clerk I just marked them as always attending as long as they had that calling. It may not have always been correct but for the quarterly report and other statistical purposes it shouldn't really make a difference. Someone with such a calling will generally be active enough that they will either attend a meeting or be on assignment at least one Sunday each month.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

No need to contact anyone. To me intent of this portion of the FAQ is to lift this exact burden from clerks/secretaries. A sister who has a Primary calling can be marked down as attending RS or SS each week, without any need to check if they were home sick. Same with a brother who has a Stake calling, we can assume he's not home watching golf on random weeks. Obviously this will result in some kind of "overcounting" as this method misses those Sundays when a member actually doesn't attend any church meetings. But that's my reading of the policy.
vaugdavi

Post by vaugdavi »

Our primary presidency keeps a roll of teachers there each week as well as subs. She takes a picture and texts it to me and I enter them in

Return to “Member Tools”