When should new missionaries show up on the online donation form?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jgoggan

When should new missionaries show up on the online donation form?

Post by jgoggan »

We have several new missionaries just starting their missions. Two have been set apart and started in-home MTC within the last week or two. Neither of them show up yet on the Missionary list for on-line donations. Anyone know when that happens? Does it not happen until the Church does their first debit maybe?

In both cases, the parents received some instruction from the Church (although, could have been Stake/local leader instruction, I grant) saying that they should start their first payment on the day they start in-home MTC -- so both parents came to me to ask how/where they did this since the new missionary doesn't yet show up on the donation form.

Please let me know if anyone knows anything on the timeline for that. Thanks!
eblood66

Re: When should new missionaries show up on the online donation form?

Post by eblood66 »

jgoggan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pm We have several new missionaries just starting their missions. Two have been set apart and started in-home MTC within the last week or two. Neither of them show up yet on the Missionary list for on-line donations. Anyone know when that happens? Does it not happen until the Church does their first debit maybe?
See this post (and the surrounding thread for context if desired): viewtopic.php?p=233067#p233067
jgoggan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:49 pmIn both cases, the parents received some instruction from the Church (although, could have been Stake/local leader instruction, I grant) saying that they should start their first payment on the day they start in-home MTC -- so both parents came to me to ask how/where they did this since the new missionary doesn't yet show up on the donation form.
If that came from headquarters you might want to get details and submit feedback about the inconsistency.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

Thanks! I had tried to search, but missed that one, I guess.

I'm going to talk again with the parents that asked me and told me that they were told to start paying when they started in-home MTC. I'll see if I can find out where that direction came from. I assume now from our Stake leadership -- who may not have gotten the memo. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jgoggan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:17 pm they were told to start paying when they started in-home MTC.
That strikes me as questionable, since I wouldn't expect the missionary to be racking up the typical missionary expenses the church needs to pay - like room and board.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”