Connecting Ward Directory Member Tools to integrate into my phone Contacts on android phone

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
brandonm35

Connecting Ward Directory Member Tools to integrate into my phone Contacts on android phone

Post by brandonm35 »

I'm currently the Ward Executive Secretary and have been for 9 yrs, I have the Member Tools app set to recognize when folks in the directory call but have never seen it work.

Is there a way to import or export the ward directory into the contacts list on my android phone (google pixel 5) this would make it so much easier when folks call, I'd automatically know who it is from the Ward contacting me for an appt with the Bishop or whatever other reason they could be calling for.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Connecting Ward Directory Member Tools to integrate into my phone Contacts on android phone

Post by lajackson »

The Caller ID feature in Member Tools stopped working several years ago and has not worked since for me. I mentioned it a time or two in Feedback, but nothing ever came of it. The setting, which I still have turned on, does include the caveat, "May not work on all devices." It last worked on a Galaxy I owned before my current Moto G6, where it does not work. It quit working on the Galaxy before I made the switch.

This was a very handy feature for me when I had a stake calling where I regularly conducted temple recommend interviews.

The only way I know to move information for folks from Member Tools into my Contacts is one at a time.
davesudweeks

Re: Connecting Ward Directory Member Tools to integrate into my phone Contacts on android phone

Post by davesudweeks »

I have had this same experience. I provided feedback and was advised to check the same phone settings for access I had already checked and verified were correct. I'm on a Motorola phone as well and it's never worked on this phone.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”