Recently Graduated Youth Disappeared From Ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
evogeler

Recently Graduated Youth Disappeared From Ward

Post by evogeler »

We have a set of triplets in our ward who just graduated high school / turned 18. They are no longer associated with their parents and we cannot find their records anywhere in the ward. We're trying to get them limited use recommends for a temple trip tomorrow, but they've simply . . . vanished.

Any leads would be appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Recently Graduated Youth Disappeared From Ward

Post by lajackson »

evogeler wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:03 pm We're trying to get them limited use recommends for a temple trip tomorrow, but they've simply . . . vanished.
It sounds as if their records have been moved out of the ward. If so, I believe there is a move out report that will tell you where they went.

The quickest fix for the moment if you really need recommends tomorrow is to request their records back into your ward and then issue the recommends. You will also find out where the records were returned from if you do that.

I wonder if their records are in a nearby young single adult ward. I also wonder why they do not already have recommends. They would still be valid even if the records were moved out of your ward. Although I can see where they may have just expired due to the recent birthdays.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:49 pm I wonder if their records are in a nearby young single adult ward.
If so, then I wonder if they're attending that ward. If so, the YSA ward should be issuing the recommend after checking with the prior ward. (General Handbook 26.5.4)

It should be pointed out that attending a YSA ward is an option, not a requirement (Handbook 37.2.1). If these were transferred out simply because they graduated without discussing it with the member in question, that doesn't seem in harmony with the instructions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd definitely contact the Bishop of the ward you should see listed in the "Members Moved Out" report. I've often wished that there was a way to identify who exactly is moving records, and the reason for the move. With the push and pull options for moving records, it's hard to know exactly why records are moved sometimes. And a little text box you could fill out that would auto-send an email to the Bishop and Clerk would be really cool (to the old ward if you're pulling records, the new ward if you're pushing).

Not gonna happen with all the other high-priority items on the developers' to-do list, but one can always dream... ;)

Return to “Membership Help”