Scheduled report thru 3rd party service

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
quandmeme

Scheduled report thru 3rd party service

Post by quandmeme »

Does anyone successfully get third party tools to login to their accounts?

(Problem being solved is I’m trying to get updated reports on a scheduled cadence. Specifically the member move in/out reports.)

Scheduling the pdf report to send somewhere or scraping the displayed report would work in this case. Then we would automatize updating our list for the changes.

As explained in this post viewtopic.php?t=22827 csv export has gone the way of all the earth, so I won’t ask how to schedule automatically save of a csv.
kd7mha

Re: Scheduled report thru 3rd party service

Post by kd7mha »

The Church does not allow 3rd party access to the data, the only allowed access to the information is through the Church provided web portal or the Member Tools app.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
quandmeme

Post by quandmeme »

Fair enough, but since the site doesn’t provide the functionality, I was asking about tools to help automate. Like ParseHub or equivalent that can help you automate the process of logging in and copying the report to a JSON file.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

Here is a (fairly lengthy) discussion about data access
viewtopic.php?t=23748&start=60
I would recommend starting at about post 70 if you don't want to go through the whole thread
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”