High Priest ordination for over 40's

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Keidenlee1

Re: High Priest ordination for over 40's

Post by Keidenlee1 »

Hello there

A very interesting read.
Keidenlee1

Post by Keidenlee1 »

I am approaching 50 years of age and have realised I am not a High Priest yet either..I believe it's because I'm possibly not spiritually qualified and that the Lord knows that, so it's no use trying to ask questions why.

Some of the youth I use to teach years ago are now bishops or in stake callings. Maybe marital situation or being single may not qualify one for that ordination..But whatever it is, I'm grateful to be a member of the Lord's true church.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Keidenlee1 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:47 am I am approaching 50 years of age and have realised I am not a High Priest yet either..
This thread discussion was initiated before the changes to the General Handbook regarding calling to High Priest were changed. See General Handbook, 18.10.1.2, High Priests; "Men are ordained high priests when they are called to a stake presidency, high council, or bishopric. They may also be ordained at other times as determined by the stake president through prayerful consideration and inspiration."

Note that age is no longer mentioned as it was in the previous handbooks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

And with the High Priests and Elders meeting together for priesthood meeting there's not much difference for an Elder and a High Priest who isn't currently serving in a calling that requires that office.

Return to “Membership Help”