Stake Young Single Adult Adviser Access to Stake YSA List

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
dionysis

Stake Young Single Adult Adviser Access to Stake YSA List

Post by dionysis »

We have several Stake YSA Advisers called to assist our YSAs in the stake, but have have access in the LCR to look up current YSA Membership (i.e., 18-30 year olds) within the stake. Is there a fix to this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Young Single Adult Adviser Access to Stake YSA List

Post by russellhltn »

The only way to be granted access to LCR is to give them a calling that has access to it.

From the Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) FAQs
Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
While not an exact answer, it's quite similar. The Stake Single Adult and Young Single Adult Committees are charged with
... seek to support members through friendship and opportunities to participate in the work of salvation and exaltation (see 14.2). They plan opportunities for gospel learning and for service and activities. The committees meet as needed.

Young single adult committees coordinate with campus institute programs, where available.
(General Handbook 14.1.1.2)

No where is there responsibilities for individuals, which is why the committee members doesn't have access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dionysis

Post by dionysis »

I appreciate the speedy response. If the advisors were in charge of teaching a stake-wide sunday school class for YSA's, would there be a way to create a class that then would allow the advisors to look up a class roster? That way there would be a responsibility for individuals. Our YSA Advisers also teach institute. If they are institute teachers, would they have access to viewing enrolled institute members?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dionysis wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:34 pm I appreciate the speedy response. If the advisors were in charge of teaching a stake-wide sunday school class for YSA's, would there be a way to create a class that then would allow the advisors to look up a class roster? That way there would be a responsibility for individuals.
No. As it is there's complaints that Sunday School teachers can't see their class members. Teachers do not have responsibilities for individuals the way the Ward Council has. So, even if you could create the class, it wouldn't get you to your goal.

dionysis wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:34 pm Our YSA Advisers also teach institute. If they are institute teachers, would they have access to viewing enrolled institute members?
I'd imagine the would, but that's part of the CES system, not the church membership system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dionysis wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:34 pm If the advisors were in charge of teaching a stake-wide sunday school class for YSA's, would there be a way to create a class that then would allow the advisors to look up a class roster? Our YSA Advisers also teach institute. If they are institute teachers, would they have access to viewing enrolled institute members?
Sunday School teachers do not have access to lists of class members, unless they are the ones who pass around the attendance sheet printed out by the SS presidency or a clerk. Also, those lists can only be created at the ward or branch level, not the stake level.

Institute instructors have access to enrolled institute members because they are also responsible to record attendance so that those participating will receive Institute credit. Most of it is handled online through Church Educational Seminary and Institute links.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I think we all appreciate the reason the Stake YSA Advisers desire access to the list of Stake YSA's, and how this would really help communication and connection between the Advisers and YSA's. At least with the current Handbook, the way I think about this, is that the Church is really encouraging Stake Leaders to work with and through the local leaders. Although direct access might enable things, it also might sidestep the responsibilities the local leaders have for stewardship over their organizations. Yes that makes it difficult, as not all wards/branches are responsive to Stake leaders that are ready and willing to work, but that's how I see what we're asked to do.
mevans

Post by mevans »

While you may not be able to get access through LCR, it's possible that the stake presidency would authorize a stake clerk to periodically give you a PDF or printed report of the YSA in the stake. I don't know what kind of reports LCR does at the stake level, but I imagine there's a YSA report.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mevans wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:09 am While you may not be able to get access through LCR, it's possible that the stake presidency would authorize a stake clerk to periodically give you a PDF or printed report of the YSA in the stake. I don't know what kind of reports LCR does at the stake level, but I imagine there's a YSA report.
With the caveat that a YSA list generated directly from membership records would almost certainly include several married members whose marriages aren't recorded. If the list is generated at the ward level, the ward council could help filter the list to include only the relevant members before passing it on to stake YSA leaders.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 am With the caveat that a YSA list generated directly from membership records would almost certainly include several married members whose marriages aren't recorded. If the list is generated at the ward level, the ward council could help filter the list to include only the relevant members before passing it on to stake YSA leaders.
One of our stake singles reps worked to help us get the records cleaned up in our ward for "single" people who were actually married. It turns out that you can record a marriage in LCR even if you have very little information about the marriage. There are still more people whose information we need to clean up, but it's better. If you find such information, work with the ward membership clerks to clean up the records as best as possible. Until it was pointed out to me, I didn't realize we could record a marriage with incomplete information about the marriage.

Return to “Main Church Website”