Second Deposit Approval

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
nickwadeclark

Second Deposit Approval

Post by nickwadeclark »

Does anyone know if the second approval needs to be from the same computer as the one that was used to do the initial submission. We did a manual deposit on Sunday since LCR was not working. We figured that since the funds have been deposited we could do the LCR input and approval from our homes. My clerk input the data and submitted the batch. He then notified me to complete the second approval. I logged into LCR and the batch shows that it is pending approval. The system then allows me to check the box that I verified the donations but then does not allow final approval as the approval button stays shaded. Anyone else have issues with this.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Second Deposit Approval

Post by jdlessley »

nickwadeclark wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:14 am Does anyone know if the second approval needs to be from the same computer as the one that was used to do the initial submission.
According to the Help Center article "Record Donations" it states; "Please note: Both approvers must be at the same device used to record the donations."

In my opinion the reason for this requirement is to ensure compliance with the companionship principle during all the steps in donation processing. The The Companionship Principle article states; "The companionship principle requires two priesthood holders to be actively involved in opening the donation envelopes, counting the money, recording the amounts in the Church financial software, and making the deposit in the bank." (Bold & italics added for emphasis.)

Following the procedures in the Help Center article Donations during System Outage requires continued batch processing in LCR once the system is available again. Step 6 describes the continued processing steps. The companionship principle is followed when one priesthood holder observes another entering the donation batch(es) into LCR as described in step 6.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mattrolsen

Re: Second Deposit Approval

Post by mattrolsen »

I ran into this issue a few times. Our stake has a Family History Center whose personnel perform the deposit, then I (Stake Financial Clerk) assumed a presidency member and I could enter the deposit remotely from our respective homes. Not so. We tried many different variations, but nothing worked until we were in the same room on the same computer. I don't feel that was a necessary precaution in our specific case, but the safeguard makes sense.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”