Push Notifications

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
jmorrell1919

Re: Push Notifications

Post by jmorrell1919 »

I might be crazy, but I have all Notifications, Banners, etc. turned on for every Circle, for the App, and in General Settings. Still no push notifications, alarms, or banners show up on my iphone ios 15.6 and my wife has an Android v.12. I have heard some members of our ward do get notifications pushed, but the vast majority don't. Hard to rely on this for a communication tool if you have to login and hunt for information.
BellMR

Post by BellMR »

You are not crazy. I have the same experience across multiple android phones of recent versions. I also hear the same issues from iPhone users across multiple versions. Multiple ward councils in the stake have made efforts to use Ciricles, but all have failed because of this lack of notifications.

One thing that I have often noticed is that I will open the Gospel Living app after not opening it for a long time (cuz I had no notification telling me to open it), and I find that I'm actually signed out of the app...not sure why I keep getting logged out, but that would explain the lack of notifications.

I desperately want the circles app to work properly so that my kid's quorums and groups can reliably use it instead of SMS or some other messaging app (which my kids don't have).

Can we get a response from the Product Manager for Gospel Living? Is this a known issue? Is it being worked on?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

BellMR wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:29 am Can we get a response from the Product Manager for Gospel Living?
Most likely it will not happen in the forum. The forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. Managers and those responsible for programs, web sites, and applications do not normally visit here. The best method to get your issues to the decision maker(s) is to use the in-app Send Feedback feature located in the Settings menu item.
BellMR wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:29 am Is this a known issue? Is it being worked on?
It has been discussed in other threads in the forum. But if it has been sent to the decision makers through the app by others is unknown. And we seldom get any information about projects being worked, updates to apps until released, or timelines.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BellMR wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:29 am not sure why I keep getting logged out, but that would explain the lack of notifications.
Is the phone set to auto-update? You might get logged out when an update is pushed.

I found myself logged out and remembered there was an update.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:08 pm You might get logged out when an update is pushed.
You do. Every time.

Return to “Gospel Living App”