LCR FINANCE IS DOWN MORE OFTEN THAN IT IS UP.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdeleon9

LCR FINANCE IS DOWN MORE OFTEN THAN IT IS UP.

Post by jdeleon9 »

I'm a little frustrated with the LCR FINANCE section of the church website. It is always saying service is unavailable, or I get the eternal wheel, or I get an error. Any tips on getting this thing to work? Anyone have any explanations they can provide? I plan on posting to this topic every time LCR FINANCE is down, just so the tech people will see how often it happens. Maybe I will write to the general authorities. After all, the squeaky wheel gets the grease right?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR FINANCE IS DOWN MORE OFTEN THAN IT IS UP.

Post by russellhltn »

jdeleon9 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:08 pm I plan on posting to this topic every time LCR FINANCE is down, just so the tech people will see how often it happens.
Do that and you'll likely find yourself suspended from the forum. The tech people are well aware of the problem. Many of them are clerks themselves.

I don't know the details, but the problem is structural. I believe they have to move the system from an aging mainframe and into newer systems - likely requiring a rewrite of very unique custom software. Not something that can be done in a few days or months.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdeleon9

Post by jdeleon9 »

Oh got it. Thanks for the quick response and the update! It's nice to have an idea of the timeline for when this gets fixed and that the tech folks are aware. Do you know if the problem is related to higher internet traffic on sundays? Are there better hours or days to access the system?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdeleon9 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:31 pm It's nice to have an idea of the timeline for when this gets fixed and that the tech folks are aware.
They're aware, but no idea of a time line.
jdeleon9 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:31 pm Do you know if the problem is related to higher internet traffic on sundays? Are there better hours or days to access the system?
No doubt, it is. I think something happened a few months ago that crippled it's already limited ability to handle traffic, which made things much worse.

I'd look over the threads to see what days/time others have found to be workable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Spencermksmith

Post by Spencermksmith »

It's crazy how much it is down. I remember it was down almost the entire month of February. Sorry but that's plenty of time to get their act together.

Here I am on a Tuesday morning and LCR is down again. It's not just a Sunday thing from what I can tell.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

LCR is not accessible for last couple of hours sadly.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”