Not Receiving Emails

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
maacsamja

Re: Not Receiving Emails

Post by maacsamja »

They should probably get rid of the household email. There is no way to use "send a message" and send to a household email.
hahnadee

Post by hahnadee »

Same for me 😑😑😑
bkuepper

Post by bkuepper »

I'm the Executive Secretary in our ward, a member in our ward isn't receiving emails sent out by the ward. I sent a test email from my personal Gmail account and she received the message. I sent a test message from the message application on the church website and this is the error I received in the confirmation email:

Your message has been sent.

The recipients below were rejected by the server. Please verify their email addresses.

How do I find out if her email address has been blacklisted?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I would think she will have to explore why her ISP is blocking the email. The message indicates the email from the church is being blocked by HER email server, I believe.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

I'm having the same issue when I send out the weekly ward email. All gmail addresses. If I send them a personal email, it works. What else can I try? See below. Thanks!

The screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7n95jgn1p7idtQsf8
caillines

Post by caillines »

geekiemommie wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:39 pm I'm having the same issue when I send out the weekly ward email. All gmail addresses. If I send them a personal email, it works. What else can I try? See below. Thanks!

The screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7n95jgn1p7idtQsf8
There's not a lot you can do except forward the email to the ones that it rejects (preferably using blind carbon copy for privacy reasons) to them directly. This is what I have to do for a few of our stake leaders whose gmail addresses reject every email the church system sends them.
kjr99044

Post by kjr99044 »

I'm seeing this with weekly emails I send out too. Gmail and Yahoo both. There are probably others I don't know about.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Basically the system the Church is using to send emails is not working, whether anyone is willing to admit it there or not and fix it is the question.
tnash

Post by tnash »

We're having the same issue in our ward. I don't have an answer, but hoping if enough people bring it up someone will look into it.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

tnash wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:16 pm We're having the same issue in our ward. I don't have an answer, but hoping if enough people bring it up someone will look into it.
Bringing it up on this user-to-user mutual help forum will have little effect. You should provide feedback from the Send A Message web page in order to get it in front of those who direct the programmer's priorities.

As an Elders Quorum President in Oklahoma, I'm not having any problems sending or receiving the messages on my Gmail account. I don't send very many, but I have sent some successfully (and received some successfully) since this latest round of problems began to be reported on the forum.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”