Videos in lessons downloaded but won’t play

Discussions about using TVs, projectors, laptops, tablets, smartphones, DVD Players and other media players in meetinghouses including standards, management, how to connect to them, proper use, and support.
catherinea50

Videos in lessons downloaded but won’t play

Post by catherinea50 »

I am using an iPad and I went to the come follow me lesson for families and downloaded the videos at home I went to church to teach my lesson and the movies won’t play. If they are downloaded to my device shouldn’t they play with out WiFi? What do I need to fo to make the downloaded videos play?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Videos in lessons downloaded but won’t play

Post by sbradshaw »

catherinea50 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:54 pm I am using an iPad and I went to the come follow me lesson for families and downloaded the videos at home I went to church to teach my lesson and the movies won’t play. If they are downloaded to my device shouldn’t they play with out WiFi? What do I need to fo to make the downloaded videos play?
If you just downloaded the video, sometimes you need to leave the chapter and come back after the video downloads, so the page refreshes and switches to loading the downloaded version into the video player.

To verify that a video can be played offline, before going to Church, I would recommend force-closing the app (after the video is fully downloaded), turning on airplane mode, then opening the app and going to the video to make sure it plays.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bryanapage

Post by bryanapage »

I have the same problem videos downloaded in gospel library will not play. The play screen pops up for a second and then nothing. I can find the videos listed in the downloaded media section of gospel library.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bryanapage wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:08 pm I have the same problem videos downloaded in gospel library will not play. The play screen pops up for a second and then nothing. I can find the videos listed in the downloaded media section of gospel library.
If you're using Android Gospel Library, there was an issue where an HLS file was being downloaded instead of the actual video. This has been fixed in Android Gospel Library 6.2.0, which was released yesterday. After updating to 6.2.0, you may need to remove and re-download any videos you've downloaded in the past few weeks to allow them to work offline.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Rich Media in Lessons and Training”