Ministering Assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jsto03

Ministering Assignments

Post by jsto03 »

I am a newly called Elder's Quorum Secretary in a small Spanish Branch. Because the branch is so few in numbers the branch president has asked that we make ministering assignments where husbands and wives minister to other people as a companionship. When I log into LCR to create the new companionships to show the husband and wife as companions and who they are to visit, all I can see is a list of the Elder's Quorum members and not any sisters. It won't let me save assignments with just one person being assigned to minister. For example, I have tried just selecting the brother's name that is the head of the household as the minister knowing he is going to take his wife with him since I can't also select her. However, LCR won't let me save the changes without giving him a companion. Any ideas on what to do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ministering Assignments

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure of the exact steps, but put the husband in the first slot. I don't think the wife will show in the drop down for the second slot - you'd have to type her name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Click on the 3 dots way to the right of the name of the ministering brother, then choose edit. Then type the wife's name in the box which appears below the ministering brother, choose and save.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that entering these assignments will not do anything on the RS side of things. The RS president will need to set up companionships and log the interviews. The EQ and RS sides do not talk to each other, even when doing husband and wife companionships.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”