changing members address within ward boundaries

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
burleyaggie

changing members address within ward boundaries

Post by burleyaggie »

How can I change the address of members who have changed residence within the ward on LCR? I cannot seem to find a way.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: changing members address within ward boundaries

Post by rmrichesjr »

burleyaggie wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:30 pm How can I change the address of members who have changed residence within the ward on LCR? I cannot seem to find a way.
That's easy. On the individual record for the head of household, on the individual tab, there's a pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner of the tabbed panel. If you click on that icon, you will be able to edit contact information.
burleyaggie

Post by burleyaggie »

Thank you.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Helpful hint: when you change the address, update the zip code to ZIP+4, even if you aren't sure what the ZIP+4 Code is. Just enter -0000 at the end of the current zip. This will force the system to validate the street number, street name, and correct zip code and offer the standard formatting.

For some reason, the validation doesn't occur in the editing process unless the +4 is entered.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

allenjpl wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 pm Helpful hint: when you change the address, update the zip code to ZIP+4, even if you aren't sure what the ZIP+4 Code is. Just enter -0000 at the end of the current zip. This will force the system to validate the street number, street name, and correct zip code and offer the standard formatting.

For some reason, the validation doesn't occur in the editing process unless the +4 is entered.
Unfortunately often for addresses with apartment numbers, the standard formatting the Church uses forces it to 4 lines instead of 3, not good since some reports do not show the 2nd line of the street address.

ps Until they force us to use zip+4 there is really no justification to use it IMHO.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

allenjpl wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 pm ...

That's an interesting observation. I'll keep an eye on that. So far, I have seen many times the system suggest a "standardized" address with the +4 when I had not entered the +4. I would guess that means the system had validated the address in order to show the +4. On a few occasions when the address did not exist, the system has not returned the +4.

Return to “Membership Help”