Spanish abbreviations for date of birth in English ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Lynnarave

Spanish abbreviations for date of birth in English ward

Post by Lynnarave »

Last week (July 17) I noticed that 6 or more families in my ward had what appeared to be monthly abbreviations for their birthdays in Spanish ( Mayo, Dic, Abr, etc.)
These abbreviations were not on the main membership pages, but appeared when you clicked on the family or household tabs.
Now that I have time to look more at these oddities, they appear to have now been corrected (July 24). I checked 2 dozen memberships and didn't see them anymore.
But last week at least some ward memberships, including my own, had Spanish date abbreviations.
Anyone have any idea what caused this to happen, or see it happen in their ward? There is a Spanish ward in my building and stake ....
garystroble

Re: Spanish abbreviations for date of birth in English ward

Post by garystroble »

Lynnarave wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:30 pm Last week (July 17) I noticed that 6 or more families in my ward had what appeared to be monthly abbreviations for their birthdays in Spanish ( Mayo, Dic, Abr, etc.)
These abbreviations were not on the main membership pages, but appeared when you clicked on the family or household tabs.
Now that I have time to look more at these oddities, they appear to have now been corrected (July 24). I checked 2 dozen memberships and didn't see them anymore.
But last week at least some ward memberships, including my own, had Spanish date abbreviations.
Anyone have any idea what caused this to happen, or see it happen in their ward? There is a Spanish ward in my building and stake ....
It is being caused for a bug which one would think would be fixed by now.
wmcot

Post by wmcot »

This is the same in our ward, too. It appears on class lists under the birth dates of members and on the individual record summary. I have submitted a request earlier tonight about this and I will see what the answer is.
CoreyHChurch

Post by CoreyHChurch »

I am trying to print a Child Blessing Certificate for an English speaking family, but the months - and only the months - are written in Spanish (lower case, too). I guess I'll have to wait until the "bug" is fixed before I attempt to print.
juttonn

Post by juttonn »

CoreyHChurch wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:42 pm I am trying to print a Child Blessing Certificate for an English speaking family, but the months - and only the months - are written in Spanish (lower case, too). I guess I'll have to wait until the "bug" is fixed before I attempt to print.
Or print it with the Spanish month. It may make it more memorable :-)
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

juttonn wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:06 am
CoreyHChurch wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:42 pm I am trying to print a Child Blessing Certificate for an English speaking family, but the months - and only the months - are written in Spanish (lower case, too). I guess I'll have to wait until the "bug" is fixed before I attempt to print.
Stamps or coins with errors are often collector items. Church certificates not so much. :(

Actually on this problem the workaround is to keep trying it from home. Clear cache and cookies. Once you get it to come up in English (seems to be random) save to a memory stick and then print it at church, or print at home for that matter if you have the right certificate paper there.

The other thing you can try is changing the url which comes up when you print the certificate. For English it should read:

https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/rec ... ng=eng&id=(number will appear here)

Note that the eng is for English. If a different abbreviation is showing for Spanish try changing it to eng and see what happens.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

garystroble wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:03 am
juttonn wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:06 am
Stamps or coins with errors are often collector items. Church certificates not so much. :(

Actually on this problem the workaround is to keep trying it from home. Clear cache and cookies. Once you get it to come up in English (seems to be random) save to a memory stick and then print it at church, or print at home for that matter if you have the right certificate paper there.

The other thing you can try is changing the url which comes up when you print the certificate. For English it should read:

https://lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/records/certificates/child-blessing/certificate-print?lang=eng&id=(number will appear here)

Note that the eng is for English. If a different abbreviation is showing for Spanish try changing it to eng and see what happens.
One user reported that changing lang=eng to an invalid language code fixed it temporarily for them. See Certificate & Language.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”