Missionaries Missing from Donation Slip

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bshup

Missionaries Missing from Donation Slip

Post by bshup »

Our Ward has several missionaries who recently reported for their missions (one reported to her mission in June, and one reported last week). Their families are unable to donate their missionary support funds because their names are not appearing on the online donation slips. They are also not appearing on the form for recording donations in LCR. They do have their own sub-categories in the Income and Expense Details page, however. I had thought about recording their donations in the general Ward Missionary Fund and then simply transfer the funds into their sub accounts, but they also don't appear in the transfer menu. I thought that perhaps they do not appear because the church has not requested funds for their missions yet, but we have another missionary who does not report until September, and his mission account is active and can receive donations. Are these missionaries added at church headquarters, or through their individual missions? The families for these two missionaries are asking when and how to make their donations, and I don't have an answer for them. Any direction is greatly appreciated!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Missionaries Missing from Donation Slip

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please see this post (and the rest of the thread/topic): https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... 67#p233067

Another post in that thread has a link to this informative page: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng

The bottom line sounds like the missionaries should eventually show up, but call GSD if they don't.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Based on the response I received from the GSD the one who reported in June should probably be showing up depending on when she actually reported to the physical MTC (online MTC doesn't count). If she reported to the physical MTC more than a month ago then you should contact support to investigate. Likewise, if her account has had her first charge then you should contact support. Otherwise, just tell the family to wait.

We have also had some missionaries who report later who show up on the donations list but so far all the ones who didn't have shown up within 2-3 weeks of starting physical MTC.
bshup

Post by bshup »

Thanks for the information. I'll keep an eye on it. Our ward hasn't been billed for either yet, but the sister started her mission in June with virtual MTC, not sure when she reported in person. The Elder in question reported last week to Provo, so I won't expect to see his name until next month.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bshup wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:49 am I had thought about recording their donations in the general Ward Missionary Fund and then simply transfer the funds into their sub accounts, but they also don't appear in the transfer menu.
You could still do that if you keep an off-line record of those donations and then make the transfer(s) once the sub-accounts are created by Church headquarters. They will appear in the transfer menu once they are added.
arinzechichisom

Post by arinzechichisom »

Just do as our moderators have asked you thanks so much.
bshup

Post by bshup »

Thanks for the replies everyone. The missionaries in question have now appeared on the online donation slip. I hadn't initially realized that the church collects the monthly payments in arrears (after the month served). Both missionaries reported to the MTC in July, and appeared ion the donation form once the church deducted their first missionary payments in August.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”