Donating to a Missionary in another unit

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dadams57

Donating to a Missionary in another unit

Post by dadams57 »

How can I donate funds to a missionary online that is not in our unit? I can't see a way to do that online.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donating to a Missionary in another unit

Post by russellhltn »

dadams57 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:46 pm How can I donate funds to a missionary online that is not in our unit? I can't see a way to do that online.
You can find that in the online donations if you click on "Help" and then "FAQ" at the bottom.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maryelic

Post by maryelic »

I see a way to donate to missionaries from other units within the United States (or within one's own country) on the donations slip by clicking on the "select a missionary" menu, but when I enter the unit number of a missionary serving from a different country, I get a notice that the number seems to be incorrect or that "...the unit may be outside of the country." Is it possible to make donations to missionaries from a different country than one's own?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

maryelic wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:31 pm Is it possible to make donations to missionaries from a different country than one's own?
The online donation system does not support this capability. The church does not want to get involved in the currency conversion issue and leaves that up to the person making the donation. Sending the donation to the missionary's financially responsible unit is an approved method. The currency in the donation using this method should be in the currency of the country the unit is in.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Online Donations”