New Clerk PC hardware - 2021

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
RichPhillips

Re: New Clerk PC hardware - 2021

Post by RichPhillips »

I am confused by posts 91 and 92 in this topic.

Post 91 refers to a link https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... r?lang=eng with instructions for setting up a new clerk computer. They are date 9Sep 2021.

Post 92 refers to a different link, same subject, https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... k-computer. These instructions are undated. The print icon doesn't work and the three step by step topics at the bottom of the page have broken links.

I have used the instructions in post 91 in the past. Have they been superceded by the instructions referenced in post 92? Or vice versa? They are similar, but not identical.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If I go into the Help Center and navigate the subjects, I get the first link.

The second link starts with "abn" - usually a sign that some experimentation is taking place. I'd say it's ignorable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichPhillips

Post by RichPhillips »

Just want to close the loop. The Lenovo M710q and M720q tiny desktops have i5 processors; and the M700 has an i3 processor. The new M70q tiny desktop has a celeron processor. The M70q has a solid-state drive and 8 gig of memory ( versus standard drive and 4 gig in the older desktops).

I ran Novabench software on the old and new desktops. The new machines have less processing power (about 1/3), but the increased memory (double) and solid-state drive (7 times faster) result in a higher overall benchmark score (about 12%). Graphics processing is about the same. The new system actually seems a little quicker. The new Samsung monitor may also speed up presentation a little.

Return to “Clerk Computers”