Time limit for reimbursement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jms238

Time limit for reimbursement

Post by jms238 »

In conducting an audit I have an expense with receipts from two full years ago. Combing through policies and instructions I cannot find a time constraint for submission in policies, but it seems from my time as a clerk long ago that all receipts are supposed to be submitted by calendar year end. Anyone have any tips here?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Time limit for reimbursement

Post by russellhltn »

All payments have to be made by calendar year-end if you want the funds to come out of the correct year budget. So if any payment is done now, it will come out of the 2022 budget, not 2020.

Frequently this is an issue when the Christmas dinner receipts are turned in late and the funds for the new year are used to reimburse last years' dinner.

But off hand, I can't remember any guidance as to when it's "too late" to give a reimbursement. That might be up to local leadership.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jms238

Re: Time limit for reimbursement

Post by jms238 »

Thank you!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”