Biometric sign in not working

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
logantimmermann

Biometric sign in not working

Post by logantimmermann »

This does not concern my account, but someone else I know. My girlfriend's account seems to have had biometrics turned on without her consent. She can not access her account and needs to for tithing and enrolling for her next semester of schooling. How can we change this setting or have it changed it for us?
garystroble

Re: Biometric sign in not working

Post by garystroble »

logantimmermann wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:53 pm This does not concern my account, but someone else I know. My girlfriend's account seems to have had biometrics turned on without her consent. She can not access her account and needs to for tithing and enrolling for her next semester of schooling. How can we change this setting or have it changed it for us?
It may well be a phone setting which needs to be undone. She should still be able to access the phone and/or account with the password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Biometric sign in not working

Post by russellhltn »

It's not clear to me what you're referring to.

If you're referring to the Member Tools app, it requires authentication to open the app. It can either be biometric or a PIN, depending on how the phone is set up. But it is required to use the app.

If you're referring to logging into websites, you may be talking about Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). MFA is required for employee and those who have access to certain systems, such as Seminary Teachers. Others can choose to add it to their account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”