LCR "send a message" not sending

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LCR "send a message" not sending

Post by jdlessley »

In my browser, Firefox, there is a sidebar on the right side of the screen with the link to Contact Us.

Contacts Us.png
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

jdlessley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:18 pm In my browser, Firefox, there is a sidebar on the right side of the screen with the link to Contact Us.

Contacts Us.png
I have Firefox as well, and sometimes the sidebar says Feedback, not Contact Us, and does not take me to the GSD contact page.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I do not have access to LCR just received a question about a member not receiving stake emails and thought I would look on the forum to see what I could find out. I sent the feedback just via the calendar feedback. Thank you to all for your input.
patsywml

email

Post by patsywml »

Good morning, I am the first counselor in our wards relief society presidency. When I send out group emails from the leaders and clerk resources site, I no longer receive confirmation of these emails. I also add my name as one of the recipience and I'm no longer receiving those emails. Can someone please assist me in correcting this? Thanks, Patsy
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed last name/ward This is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: email

Post by russellhltn »

patsywml wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:23 am Good morning, I am the first counselor in our wards relief society presidency. When I send out group emails from the leaders and clerk resources site, I no longer receive confirmation of these emails. I also add my name as one of the recipience and I'm no longer receiving those emails. Can someone please assist me in correcting this? Thanks, Patsy
Your post has been merged with an existing thread on the subject.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cgiddley

Post by cgiddley »

Whenever I click on Contact Us -- either the vertical tab on the right side of the page, or in the menu -- I get logged out of the system. I've been trying for weeks.
brorapp

Post by brorapp »

I can confirm as of 8/10/2022 that messages to AOL and GMX domains are not receiving emails through the "send a message" portal of LCR.

I've talked with GSD about the problem and they responded "leaders may need to work together and think of a method to ensure all the members receive the message." which I take to mean STOP using the Church's system for communications.
fredbloem

Problem with "Send a Message" Application

Post by fredbloem »

We are having several problems at both the stake level and the ward level that when we send messages via the Church email app the messages will not be consistently delivered to members with certain email addresses. For example, last week I learned that someone with a yahoo email address didn't receive a message that I sent out to the whole ward. However, when I sent him a message via another email client he received it right away. Several months ago I actually received a list of email addresses that failed after I had sent a message to the ward. If I remember correctly, they included AOL email addresses as well.

Another problem that we had was that a link to stake Zoom meeting was misdirected so many members missed the meeting. The link was displayed correctly in the email. However, when you clicked on the link it would not take you to the Zoom meeting.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is the Church aware of this? Are they working on a solution?

I hate that we cannot trust that Church email app to reliably deliver messages to intended recipients. In the meantime I plan to set up a Google Group for all active members.
garystroble

Re: Problem with "Send a Message" Application

Post by garystroble »

Aol and Yahoo email addresses are currently not passing through the church system. Some Gmail as well, perhaps others.

As far as Zoom, our ward had something similar happen to the email about the recent 5th Sunday link we had in July. The link was correct but did not work. Something in the church system apparently messed it up.
fredbloem

Re: Problem with "Send a Message" Application

Post by fredbloem »

This has been going for at least six months, perhaps much longer. Whom can we contact at Church headquarters or the Church's IT department to correct this? Surely somebody up there must be aware of it. We can't they or why won't they fix it?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”