E-book version of Saints Vol3

lockespencer

E-book version of Saints Vol3

Post by lockespencer »

I have not seen an ebook version of Saints Vol. 3 released on the church website. Will this be made available (epub or mobi format)? I much prefer reader on an e-reader to a device that supports the Gospel library app.
davesudweeks

Re: E-book version of Saints Vol3

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks for posting this - I wasn't aware Vol. 3 was out yet. Now if I can find a audio version like volumes 1 and 2 - we have a long trip coming up and love to listen while we drive. I did not see an audio option on gospel library (web).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Saints Volumes 1 and 2 are available as Ebooks and there are ZIP downloads for the audio on this page:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/media/publications?lang=eng

Since the previous two volumes are there, I expect that Volume 3 will appear there as well – but it wouldn't hurt to send a feedback email on that page (maybe also at the Church History website) to request it, since other formats are more commonly used, and it's easy for things to be forgotten (especially since it's been 2 years since Volume 2).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lockespencer

Post by lockespencer »

Thanks for the reply. I sent feedback through the main webpage and got a basic response pointing me to the online version (not an e-book version). I then replied to that explaining the difference between an online version and an ebook version, and have yet to receive any further response. I am hoping that it will come soon. I worry that there is less demand for this format so it may not be a priority.
p_neave

Post by p_neave »

It is available to download now.
hallsted.a.b

Post by hallsted.a.b »

It appears they have moved the Saints ebooks to Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Nobles, and aren't available on the church's websites.

See section https://history.churchofjesuschrist.org ... saints_eng "How to get a copy"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hallsted.a.b wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:30 pm and aren't available on the church's websites.
I'm not sure as that's intentional as the links are there, but they're 404.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Also, although the audio link in the "How to get a copy" section doesn't work, if you copy the url and manually change the "media-library" portion to "media", that url does indeed take you to the audio webpage, from which you can select the first "Podcasts" tile and access the audio versions of Saints.

That said, the same type of thing doesn't work for the ebooks link. But it may be that there's ongoing reorganization of content, and as russellhltn mentions, ebooks may have been moved but somebody didn't update the reference links. Worth submitting Feedback in case that's what happened.

Return to “E-Books”