Members dashboard shows the wrong person

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
smedlytonker

Members dashboard shows the wrong person

Post by smedlytonker »

I have young man that will soon be going on a mission - I'm his ward clerk. His Dashboard shows his mom instead of him. He has access to all of his moms settings from his account. From the attached picture you can see his picture in the upper right corner (old picture before is missionary haircut). Something is messed up here, but not sure how to help them. Any ideas? Who could I contact to have this looked at?
Attachments
Dashboard-fixed.jpg
Dashboard-fixed.jpg (26.02 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
Last edited by russellhltn on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Members dashboard shows the wrong person

Post by russellhltn »

I'd start by making sure the MRN on the account he's using is his MRN and not his mother's.

The MRN is what ties all the computer systems together.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: Members dashboard shows the wrong person

Post by mevans »

There are bugs in the dashboard, including being able to see a different person. I've reported some things I've observed, but I don't think they've been fixed. However, you mention a situation I don't believe I've encountered: when the son opens the Account Settings link he actually sees his mother's account settings? The bugs I've encountered seem to be related to the dashboard page, but any of the links I've clicked on then took me to the logged-in person's information, not the person who was shown on the dashboard.

I believe there's a cache issue with the dashboard. Are the son and mother sharing the same device? If the son logs in on a device to which he has never logged in, does he see the correct information or does he see his mother's information?

Return to “Main Church Website”