Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Yahoo inbox not receiving church emails

Post by lajackson »

garystroble wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:08 am Your "this one" link opens to 2015 posts.
It should go to your Jul 28, 2022 post.

EDIT: The link worked fine for me, but not for most. I have fixed it so it should work for everyone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:38 pm
garystroble wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:08 am Your "this one" link opens to 2015 posts.
It should go to your Jul 28, 2022 post.
It's not working for me either. I notice the link has a "start" parameter. I suspect it's getting messed up due to your reverse sort.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:01 pm It's not working for me either. I notice the link has a "start" parameter. I suspect it's getting messed up due to your reverse sort.
I have fixed the link in the original post and in the quote that followed. I did not realize how helpful the forum software tried to be when I copied the link in the first place. Gotta love technology.
pysan

Post by pysan »

We are having this issue in our ward/stake as well and have isolated it those using Verizon.net, AOL or yahoo.com email addresses (all owned by Verizon these days). Definitely going to need to be Church HQ IT to solve this one’s on deliverability of emails sent through LCR.
cbekker60

Post by cbekker60 »

We also started having these problems. Setting filters does not seem to help any.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Filters on the user account side won't help. The issue is at a higher level (issue between church email system and yahoo email system policies) than users have access to (inbox settings).
michele.lee

Post by michele.lee »

Everything that has been posted about email issued from Yahoo are occurring within our stake. It was first mentioned to me about the problem around August 7, 2022.
waldrom

Post by waldrom »

has any progress been made with this?
Geowship

Post by Geowship »

Yeah, I had the same problem, don't know what to do about it.
caillines

Post by caillines »

There are really only two things you can do as someone that uses the "send a message" function:

1) Use your personal email to send to the yahoo addresses directly (use blind carbon copy/BCC for privacy). Not really viable if there are large numbers of them.
2) Accept that not all members will receive the emails.

Return to “General Discussions”