Unable to see all reserved activities for a particular building

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
42monty

Unable to see all reserved activities for a particular building

Post by 42monty »

Tonight the other ward in our building had scheduled the cultural hall for a basketball activity, which did not appear on the tools app even though it shows on the church website calendar. This potentially can cause conflicts if members from two or more units using the same building view possible open dates and times on their app, see an open time, schedule an activity and then discover one of the other units had previously reserved that date and time.

I can only see what the church, stake and my ward have reserved, even though the other ward did schedule an activity.

Would it be possible to fix this so everybody using the same building can see all activities scheduled for that building?

Thanks,
L.G.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to see all reserved activities for a particular building

Post by russellhltn »

What calendars did you have enabled on your device? Only the Location calendar will show events by a different ward.

You shouldn't be able to schedule a facility even if you can't see the conflict on the calendar.

As long as members schedule their activities and don't adopt a "if it's not scheduled then I can use it" attitude, everything is fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

The member app only shows stake and ward activities on the calendar. Other units in the building are not shown. It has been that way a long time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:21 pm The member app only shows stake and ward activities on the calendar. Other units in the building are not shown. It has been that way a long time.
One of the past updates added the location calendar. I'm not sure if it's enabled by default, but checking my device, it doesn't seem to be working.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:39 pm One of the past updates added the location calendar. I'm not sure if it's enabled by default, but checking my device, it doesn't seem to be working.
Locations are not selected by default, but I have selected several in my Member Tools and they are displaying information as they should.

That said, russellhltn is correct in his post two prior to this one. A location is not available just because it does not appear on a personal calendar. It is available only if someone went into the calendar system and successfully reserved it.

Return to “Member Tools”