Gospel Library App - Apple TV

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
jmarne

Gospel Library App - Apple TV

Post by jmarne »

Any one know if the church is working on an Apple TV interface for the Gospel Library App (specifically for the scriptures)? My family and I use our Apple TV to AirPlay scriptures for all to read quite often. It'd be nice to have a Gospel Library App option directly on the Apple TV.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library App - Apple TV

Post by sbradshaw »

You can AirPlay the Gospel Library app to your Apple TV (which is what it sounds like you're already doing), but there's no tvOS app for Gospel Library and I don't think there's one being worked on. You can try sending in-app feedback to the support team requesting the feature.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jarvis03

Post by jarvis03 »

I would also very much appreciate having the gospel library app on apple tv.
petrsnd

Post by petrsnd »

+1

Airplay really isn't the best user experience. It would be nice to pull up anything in the gospel library on Apple TV.
jmarne

Post by jmarne »

We currently use airplay every night to read scriptures together and quite often (especially lately) there is a lag in the airplay experience vs what the phone has (mostly scrolling delays). I was hoping for a more Apple-TV-native experience.
mrsaladdressing

Post by mrsaladdressing »

I'm also very interested in a gospel library app version to install natively on the Apple TV. That would be terrific for family home evening, come follow me, and nightly scripture reading. We could even link to media to play on the Apple TV from within these resources.
brettyou

Post by brettyou »

I know many families would be blessed by a native Gospel Library app for the Apple TV. Please consider building one.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Requests for development efforts on the Tech Forum do absolutely nothing except to possibly generate more discussion. The software development decision makers do not frequent the Tech Forum and it is not an official communication channel with them. Feedback can be sent for consideration by using the in-app Send Feedback found in the Help menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Gospel Library”