Class lists for primary teachers in Member Tools app

hkessler

Class lists for primary teachers in Member Tools app

Post by hkessler »

I am the Primary President in my ward. I would like to submit the following as a suggestion to help simplify and help our teachers in their callings;
1. In the LDS Tools mobile app, make it so the Primary Teachers and activity day leaders can access their class lists. Often times they reach out to the Presidency when they are out and about and don't have a physical copy of their class list with them and yet they want to contact or stop by the kids homes.
2. In the LDS Tools mobile app make it so that the teachers can take Role on their phones vs having to fill it out on paper. The other auxiliary teachers have this availability but Primary doesn't for some reason.

Once the teachers are set apart and complete the youth and protection training, they should be able to be given permission by the Bishopric to access this information if it was an option in the tools app.

Thanks for you attention and for everything you do! :D

-Sister Kessler
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Class lists for primary teachers in Member Tools app

Post by jdlessley »

This has been discussed in quite a number of other thread topics. Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone here in the forum can do. The Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user help and support. Those who make the decisions you are requesting do not visit here and will most likely not see this thread. There are two official channels to get your concerns and suggestions to those who make the decisions. The first is through the Member Tools in-app feedback found in the Help > Contact Us menu item. The second is to send your suggestions up through the priesthood chain. Discuss this with your bishop; who then passes it to the stake president; who then takes it to the next priesthood leader - and so on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

hkessler wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:54 pm The other auxiliary teachers have this availability but Primary doesn't for some reason.
My understanding is that only organization presidencies (including secretaries) have access to rolls, unless it's changed recently. As far as I know, teachers don't have access to rolls in any of the ward organizations (Sunday school, elders quorum, Relief Society, Primary, etc.).

The main responsibility for taking attendance and for ministering to organization members – "responsibility for people" – lies with the presidency. Teachers can be asked to help, and in some cases may be inspired to help with certain things – they can do a lot of good besides just teaching. But I think it's good that the current tools enforce the presidency's involvement in all aspects of attendance and ministering.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect the real issue is privacy laws and what happens when a member sets their privacy to "leaders only" and teachers not meeting the legal definition of "leader" in that context. In other words, this isn't something the church wants to do, but is something it has chosen to do to comply with law.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skboughton

Post by skboughton »

I was just called as a youth sunday school teacher and wanted this same thing. Its wierd becuase I can still look up the youth by name and see their class assignments. If they want to protect the kids then this access should be blocked too. I ended up creating my own list in tools and manually added all the kids by looking up each youth by name and seeing what class they are assigned to.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

skboughton wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:43 am I can still look up the youth by name and see their class assignments.
You can do that for the names you can see - but I think you'll find that if the parents have set the privacy to "Leadership only", you won't be able to see the names much less their class assignment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Mobile Applications”