Password Reset to Old Paassword

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
brenemkj

Password Reset to Old Paassword

Post by brenemkj »

I was using the same password for my Church and Family History logins. I changed my Church password but not my Family History password. This worked for several days and then my new Church password somehow changed back to the old password.
mevans

Re: Password Reset to Old Paassword

Post by mevans »

By "Family History" password, are you referring to Family Search? If so, did you link your Family Search to your Church Account, or were they separate? Family Search allows you to use your Church account for login; however, I don't know how it behaves when you change your password.

Are you locked out of one of the accounts, or just wondering why the password reverted? If you can't log in, you can try calling the Global Services department for assistance:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... t?lang=eng
brenemkj

Re: Password Reset to Old Paassword

Post by brenemkj »

Yes Family Search. They must be separate. I can't link to Family Search when logged on to my Church account.

I can get into each account, both during the change, and after my Church account reverted back to the old password.

I would like the passwords to be different.
Last edited by brenemkj on Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Church Account”