LDS Tools crashes when updating

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

Still an issue for everyone, I presume? I am having the same problems (unable to update data without deleting and reinstalling app, no data in the Action and Interview List categories, etc.) on my iPhone. I am also executive secretary. I sent the email off and will report any update I receive.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

This appears to be a problem for those whose position is executive secretary. I had a different problem that I thought would require removing and reinstalling the app, but I tried a different approach that solved my problem with much less fuss.

On the Gear menu (top right gear icon) near the bottom there is a Reset Data option entitled Clear All Data. I did this, and then downloaded a new set of data. For me, this did exactly what I was hoping removing and reinstalling the app would do, and I did not have to take the more drastic measure.

It may be worth a try to see if this will solve the problem. Of course, if it is a systemic problem with the position of executive secretary that is not allowing access, this may not work. But from reading this thread, it appears that there is nothing to lose by trying to Clear All Data.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

lajackson wrote:This appears to be a problem for those whose position is executive secretary. I had a different problem that I thought would require removing and reinstalling the app, but I tried a different approach that solved my problem with much less fuss.

On the Gear menu (top right gear icon) near the bottom there is a Reset Data option entitled Clear All Data. I did this, and then downloaded a new set of data. For me, this did exactly what I was hoping removing and reinstalling the app would do, and I did not have to take the more drastic measure.

It may be worth a try to see if this will solve the problem. Of course, if it is a systemic problem with the position of executive secretary that is not allowing access, this may not work. But from reading this thread, it appears that there is nothing to lose by trying to Clear All Data.

No luck.

I chose the Clear all Data option, signed in to the app, redownloaded everything, created a new password to log into the app and the action and interview list and the baptism age lists are still not accessible on my iPad.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ethzmoos wrote:No luck.

Then we can only wait on the developers. Thank you for trying it out, though.

I revert to my position that it seems to have something to do with the way the App handles the Executive Secretary position. It appears something broke along the way.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Two months later this is still broken. Hello?
ckellsworth

Post by ckellsworth »

I just got an updated version of the app (2.1.0) and it looks like they might have fixed the syncing issue effect exec secretaries.
lhaglundlane

Re: LDS Tools crashes when updating

Post by lhaglundlane »

August 29, 2022. LDS Tools App crashes when updating. I can’t get past the sign-in page. I even changed my password. I also deleted the app and added a new one and it still is crashing. A circle shows as updating and it never completes.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”