Missing link

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
garystroble

Missing link

Post by garystroble »

The Allowance Adjustments link referenced below in the new note in finance does not exist thus far. I have reported this to the GSD via the on line form which is reached via "contact us" on the church web page.

The “Authorized Member Financed Activities” category has now been discontinued. Most funds from the discontinued category have already been moved to the Budget category. The transfers crediting the unit's budget can be accessed by navigating to the Assign Budget tab under Budget, and clicking the Allowance Adjustments link.
eblood66

Re: Missing link

Post by eblood66 »

It shows up for me (see image). Did you have any balance in your Local accounts? If not, then maybe the line doesn't appear. Or maybe they've fixed it already.
Screenshot_20220902_231403.png
Screenshot_20220902_231403.png (15.82 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
Last edited by russellhltn on Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added blurred photo
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

eblood66 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:17 pm It shows up for me (see image). Did you have any balance in your Local accounts? If not, then maybe the line doesn't appear. Or maybe they've fixed it already.

Screenshot_20220902_231403.png
Still not showing here (latest version of Firefox), yes we had a local account balance which we transferred. The reference also called it a link. Is that a link you are seeing?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

garystroble wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:25 pmThe reference also called it a link. Is that a link you are seeing?
Yes, it is a link. It takes you to the Income and Expense Detail page for Budget Allocations (which shows all transfers for Budget Allocation--not just those that apply to the Allowance Adjustments line). So you can get to the same page by going to Finance > Overall > Income and Expense Details and then select Budget Allocations from the drop down.
garystroble wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:25 pmStill not showing here (latest version of Firefox), yes we had a local account balance which we transferred.
Did you transfer it or did headquarters transfer it because you didn't make a transfer before Aug 31st? If you transferred it to a specific budget category then it will show up in that category and not in Budget Allocations and the Allowance Adjustments line should be 0. It should only be non-zero if you or headquarters specifically transferred to the Budget Allocations category.

I only have something on that line because one of our wards setup a transfer to the stake earlier in the week but the bishop didn't approve it until very late on Aug 31st and I didn't have a change to transfer to Budget myself before the AFMA accounts were disabled.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Yes we transferred prior to August 31. I won't worry about it further, but the Allowance Adjustments line still does not appear at all here.

Think you meant Overview, not Overall. I just tried your suggestion and only the 3 quarterly allocations show that way. I can see the transfer I did from Local to Budget under transfers however, as well as when I just choose Budget from the drop down.

ps Your image is showing partial actual numbers sufficient to interpret the scope of your stake budget.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

garystroble wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:30 am Yes we transferred prior to August 31. I won't worry about it further, but the Allowance Adjustments line still does not appear at all here.
I just looked at our wards view as well and none of them show the line either. So I think it's working as intended and it just doesn't show up if it's 0. The note on the dashboard could probably be clearer about that.
garystroble wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:30 am Think you meant Overview, not Overall. I just tried your suggestion and only the 3 quarterly allocations show that way.
Yes, I meant Overview. And without any headquarters initiated transfer, I think you would just see the quarterly allocations.
garystroble wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:30 amps Your image is showing partial actual numbers sufficient to interpret the scope of your stake budget.
You're right. I should have masked that better. If a moderator can PM me, I can send an blurred version to be uploaded instead. It's been too long for me to edit the post.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:10 pm If a moderator can PM me, I can send an blurred version to be uploaded instead. It's been too long for me to edit the post.
PM sent.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”