Missions monthly cost.

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
brown67

Missions monthly cost.

Post by brown67 »

When are the cost of missions rising from $400 to $500 a month?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missions monthly cost.

Post by lajackson »

brown67 wrote:When are the cost of missions rising from $400 to $500 a month?
The change was put on hold as the pandemic began spreading last year. We do not know when it will be implemented. I am sure there will be Notices at the Official Communication Library and also articles in the Church News when it happens.

I would guess that the change would take place a few months after any announcement, but that is just my own opinion. I would also note that the amount has always been related to actual mission costs for the Church. It may be that, with the events of this past year, costs are not as great as expected. If that is true, and again I have no way of knowing this, I would expect the Church to delay the increase as long as possible.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

For reference, when the original announcement was made in June 2019, the increase was slotted to begin a year later, in July 2020. Although nobody can guarantee anything, I expect the Church is very aware of the financial planning required for missionaries and their families, and it would seem likely that any increase wouldn't go into effect for at least six months (but if I'm guessing, more likely a year after the announcement). So if I had a missionary getting ready to start their service, I'd pencil in maybe 12 months at $400, and 6 or 12 months at $500 (for 18 month or 24 month missions).
adamsond

Post by adamsond »

What is the current monthly cost for a missionary 09/06/2022
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

What is the current monthly cost for a missionary 09/06/2022
Please see this thread for more discussion. Quick answer is it is still $400/month, with no official notice as to when this might change.
Missionary Equalized Payment amount
ddsmdc

Post by ddsmdc »

You would think the monthly cost of a mission would be clearly listed and easily found. It was not the case when I tried to find an "official" answer. Because of my position, I was able to go into LCR and see that only $400 per month is being debited for each missionary (as of 12/2022). The reasons posted as to why it is not officially listed appear to be speculation and guessing; nothing official. Sad face.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

ddsmdc wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:09 pm You would think the monthly cost of a mission would be clearly listed and easily found. It was not the case when I tried to find an "official" answer. Because of my position, I was able to go into LCR and see that only $400 per month is being debited for each missionary (as of 12/2022). The reasons posted as to why it is not officially listed appear to be speculation and guessing; nothing official. Sad face.
I agree. It seems odd that this isn't part of the mission call letter or easily available on the missionary portal once a call has been made. When my son was called earlier this year I looked all around the portal but couldn't find anything that said how much he would be charged. I too knew from LCR that $400 was the current amount at that point and I assumed it would remain the same for him but I thought it would be listed somewhere.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think missionaries serving from other countries may not pay the same equalized amount – $400 a month may just be for missionaries from the United States and Canada. In some countries it may fluctuate more frequently than it does in the United States and Canada, which would make it harder to keep a central help page up to date.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gdr538

Post by gdr538 »

My son is going through the missionary application process in December 2022 and the application still states $400 per month.
brooklynmercer

Post by brooklynmercer »

How much do service missions cost?

Return to “Reports and Forms”