Issue Loading Login Page using iPad and Safari

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mlissmiller

Issue Loading Login Page using iPad and Safari

Post by mlissmiller »

Hello - I was referred here by LDS Account Support. Can anyone help me, please?
When I try to go to the lds.org login page on my iPad (through safari), I get redirected to a screen that says "forgerock -no such organization found - please contact your administrator , return to login page". The tab says 'OpenAM (Invalid Domain). I have tried to attach a screen shot below.
I started experiencing this issue last Saturday (March 21). I never saw this before that. I am able to login without any issues on my windows phone and windows laptop. So I think it must be something specific to safari, maybe? I have been using safari and my login to access my lds account and pathway for almost a year and suddenly this. Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Any thoughts or suggestions? Many thanks for your time...
Melissa Miller
Attachments
IMG_0263 (1).PNG
(156.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Issue Loading Login Page using iPad and Safari

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure why it's trying to go to indent.lds.org. It looks like you've got some kind of security software installed on the iPad that's trying to verify anyone you connect with - and they're not handling the church website properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure why it's trying to go to indent.lds.org. It looks like you've got some kind of security software installed on the iPad that's trying to verify anyone you connect with - and they're not handling the church website properly.
It's actually ident.lds.org which is where it sends you when you use the login link on lds.org.

ForgeRock/OpenAM is an open source single-sign-on solution. From the cookies set when you log into lds.org, it looks like that's probably the solution the church uses. But I have no idea what would be causing that kind of error message unless there is a bad configuration on the church's side. But if that were the case I'd expect it to happen to more people and I wouldn't expect the browser to make a difference. I would think that lds account support should be better suited to resolve this but you've already tried that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:It's actually ident.lds.org which is where it sends you when you use the login link on lds.org.
Oops. Typo.

Another possibility is that your DNS doesn't know what to do with that site name. Unless you've manually entered a DNS into you iPad somehow, it's likely a function of the network you're connected to. That page may just be where something is sending you when it can't find the site - such as entering gibberish into the URL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Another question - how are you trying to get to the login page? A saved bookmark might be out of date. I'd suggest going to lds.org and sign in from there.

ChuckGates

Post by ChuckGates »

I believe this is a problem with your cookies. I frequently reach the same error page from ForgeRock/OpenAM on lds.org. After reaching it again just now, I found this thread, which made me try deleting all of my lds.org cookies. After I did so, I could log-in just fine.
dennismilorandall

Post by dennismilorandall »

I can access churchofjesuschrist.org or lds.org on my desk top computer and my phone. But, on my iPad the page comes up but the banner and login are blank. How do I fix that
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dennismilorandall wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:33 pm I can access churchofjesuschrist.org or lds.org on my desk top computer and my phone. But, on my iPad the page comes up but the banner and login are blank. How do I fix that
I'd suggest trying "Private Mode". If that works, then you need to clear the browser of church cookies. It's a pretty common issue with church websites.

Return to “Main Church Website”