change of address for family search printouts

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
eveaorr

Re: change of address for family search printouts

Post by eveaorr »

I'm having the same problem. My membership has been in my current ward for over a year, but the temple card I just printed shows my name with my prior address. I'm on the website on my computer. Why doesn't my current address as shown in ward records show up here? I don't appear to have the ability to change it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eveaorr wrote:Why doesn't my current address as shown in ward records show up here? I don't appear to have the ability to change it.
I don't know why it doesn't sync.

But you should be able to update your address in FamilySearch manually. Click on your name in the upper right corner. Select "Settings" and then go to the "Contact" tab just under the banner.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Just to make sure we are looking at the same place, here are the steps to change contact information (Contact name, email, phone, mobile phone, address) in FamilySearch. This is also the place where you select whether you want your information public (each individual item can be public or private):

(Note: I'm using a desktop computer running Chrome browser - this should be browser independent, but my wife has a laptop with a touch screen and instead of her name there are 3 lines in the corner she must click [she is also running Chrome])
1. Log in to FamilySearch
2. Click on your name in the upper right corner
3. Select "Settings" in the drop-down box - you will be taken to your settings page with your name in a banner across the top of the page
4. Just below the banner, click on "CONTACT" (the choices are account, contact, notifications, preferences, connected accounts)
5. Change the information in the respective boxes. When you make a change, a blue "Save" button will become active at the bottom.
6. Click "Save" to save your contact changes. If you con't click the Save button when finished, your changes are not saved.
6. When you click "Save" a green bar will appear near the top telling you your changes were saved successfully.

Hope this helps!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm glad my address doesn't sync from my membership record. I appended our stake name at the top of my address in FamilySearch so when we do work at the temple, the stake name prints on the card and helps the temple sort out the cards for pickup later. I highlight the stake name when I print them.
franklinr

Post by franklinr »

the Settings will only change the email address, not the home address.

Return to “Church Account”