Separated Wife and Children - Ordering Records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Elsmere, Delaware, USA


Post by jwtaber »

lajackson wrote:And the unit history would be wrong, as well. No one knows from my membership record when I moved into my current ward and where I came from, because a clerk at a Church school moved our entire family out instead of just one of our children.

So now my membership record says that my wife and I and all of our wonderful children moved here several years ago from a student singles ward with a really big number. Being married with children at the time, I would never have qualified to live in that singles ward in the first place.
Makes you wish they went back to listing the two most recent units on the record (though then Address Unknown counted as a unit.)
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Location: United States


Post by geek »

We've been through this a few times in our ward.

If you can't request the entire family by head of household, your BEST bet (for all parties concerned) is to request each member individually and then recombine the family unit after the individuals are in your ward.

Don't mess up another ward's records to save 20 minutes.

(Having been on the other side of this... :) )

This is why I try to move individuals myself when they move, so that I can control how they are transferred.
Former membership clerk under 3 bishops, now on 2nd stint as executive secretary. Can I go back to teaching priesthood now?
Post Reply

Return to “Membership Help”