Doctrinal Mastery app needs updated scripture list

jeffkt95

Doctrinal Mastery app needs updated scripture list

Post by jeffkt95 »

The Doctrinal Mastery app is awesome! My students love it. The church changed the OT scripture list this year. Two were removed, one was added, and one was changed. For the first time, there are 24 instead of 25. (Weird, right!) The changes were not well publicized. I can't point you to an authoritative church website with the changes. The updates were communicated out to all seminary teachers through the SI coordinators.

Removed:
• Genesis 1:28
• Exodus 19:5-6

Added
• Abraham 2:9-11
• Daniel 2:44-45 (they added 45)

Could we have the app updated to reflect these changes? I'm a developer; with permission I'd be happy to make the changes myself.

Thanks,
Jeff
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Doctrinal Mastery app needs updated scripture list

Post by sbradshaw »

I imagine that updating the list of Doctrinal Mastery scriptures on the website will need to happen before they get around to updating the app. You could try sending feedback through the Doctrinal Mastery app, and/or using the Feedback link at the bottom of the Seminary and Institute section of the Church website. If you're on Facebook, you could also try posting in the Seminary Teachers group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412282378990161/ – it's mainly user-to-user, like this forum is, but it's possible that someone there knows if there are plans already to update the website or Doctrinal Mastery app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jeffkt95

Post by jeffkt95 »

Thanks Sam. Per your suggestion, I've sent feedback through the app and posted the question to the Seminary Teachers Facebook group. I'm an active user of this group, and in all the discussions about the Doctrinal Mastery changes, no one has mentioned this. So I doubt this will bear fruit.
Last edited by jeffkt95 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heinss

Post by heinss »

I am an online seminary teacher and have the same request. Please update the OT scriptures per the request above. I ask that this be an automatic update each time the scriptures are changed any time. The app is a great tool, just wish that it was current.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

heinss wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:52 pm Please update the OT scriptures per the request above.
No one here can do this. The Tech Forum is user-to-user help and support. As such we have no special relationship with those who can make the changes. Submit your concerns using the in-app Send Feedback link found in the Settings menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
LizarraldeM

Post by LizarraldeM »

Coming soon: "An updated version of the Doctrinal Mastery Mobile App will be available for iOS and Android devices in the 4th quarter of 2022."

Return to “Mobile Applications”