Gospel Living app sign in

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
cimaron

Gospel Living app sign in

Post by cimaron »

Gospel Living app will not allow me to sign in unless I use 2 step verification, but it won't give me an option to do the 2nd step after I put in my password. It won't allow my to sign in. After I enter my password it doesn't say my password is incorrect, it just takes me to a screen that states 2-step verification is needed for my church account and to "try another way to sign in" BUT, it doesn't give me any option to sign in any other way besides putting in a password. On gospel library or LDS tools I get the option after I put in my password to use biometrics or pin or some other 2 step verification, but Gospel Living gives no options. Please help!
Last edited by cimaron on Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Living app sign in

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you using the "Security Key or Built-in Authenticator" option for two-step verification? If so, this thread may be related: 2-step verification
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cimaron

Re: Gospel Living app sign in

Post by cimaron »

Yes. This thread relates perfectly this service missionary is running into the same exact issue I am running into. Recently I was required to do 2FA for my church work email and that also spread to gospel library and now gospel living and everything else. It seems silly to have 2FA for Gospel Living's grid of spiritual thoughts, memes or scripture notes, and the occasional activity update from someone in the ward.
The glaring error here is biometric or using a pin on my phone for 2FA works just fine for member tools and gospel library but is not an option on gospel living. All they need to do is fix that and no issue would be noticed.

Return to “Gospel Living App”