Missing Tithing Check Number

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
itsjustme

Missing Tithing Check Number

Post by itsjustme »

I haven't been the clerk for long, so I'm still learning things.

LCR wasn't working last week, so a member of the bishopric and myself filled out the paperwork and deposited the only check we'd received as tithing from a member. We met later in the week to submit it into LCR, and I realized that neither of us had written down the check number. What should I enter for the check number? Is there a way to get that information from the bank? Should I reach out to the member and see if they remember?

Thank you for our assistance!
eblood66

Re: Missing Tithing Check Number

Post by eblood66 »

Asking the member would probably be easiest. Otherwise, you'd have to contact the Global Service Department and ask them whether they can get it (or provide you contact information to get it) or how to proceed otherwise.
itsjustme

Re: Missing Tithing Check Number

Post by itsjustme »

eblood66 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:12 am Asking the member would probably be easiest. Otherwise, you'd have to contact the Global Service Department and ask them whether they can get it (or provide you contact information to get it) or how to proceed otherwise.
I figured that was the best route.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”