Online Reimbursements vs Emailing Receipts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mottzzz

Online Reimbursements vs Emailing Receipts

Post by Mottzzz »

So, our method for collecting receipts has been to have members email receipts to a finance clerk email address and then I handle things from there. But some members have recently found the online reimbursement method and have been submitting that way. Is it terrible that I actually don't really like the online method? Sure, it's more convenient, but I'm dealing with some headaches, some minor, some not so much. I find the online method a little annoying because sometimes members seem to select the wrong account or even enter the incorrect monetary value. The headache I'm dealing with right now is that a sister is submitting hundreds of dollars worth of receipts over about 8 documents and her math is off, too. This would still be a headache if she had emailed the receipts but things would be a little clearer if she had filled out the reimbursement form since she has so many receipts for one reimbursement.
brianmwilson

Re: Online Reimbursements vs Emailing Receipts

Post by brianmwilson »

IMO having reimbursement request coming through LCR is slightly easier because the receipts are now attached. I always go through and make some sort of change, breaking out taxes is a common one. I'd appreciate a church-produced video educating members on the process (including the importance of accuracy).
davesudweeks

Re: Online Reimbursements vs Emailing Receipts

Post by davesudweeks »

brianmwilson wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:06 am I'd appreciate a church-produced video educating members on the process (including the importance of accuracy).
It would appear the church leaves local training mostly to local leaders based on the specific circumstances in their area/membership. I would imagine that coming up with a training video that would work worldwide (or multiple videos for each local circumstance) would be a daunting task.

Given that many members wouldn't bother to watch a training video anyway, it seems direction from the bishopric/presidency to the ward/branch would be more effective anyway.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”