access to member lists by callings

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
mobident

access to member lists by callings

Post by mobident »

I am a ward clerk. Primary is asking for activity leaders to have access to member lists for whom they are assigned. is there a way to provide that? all show as called in LCR.
thanks
garystroble

Re: access to member lists by callings

Post by garystroble »

mobident wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:44 am I am a ward clerk. Primary is asking for activity leaders to have access to member lists for whom they are assigned. is there a way to provide that? all show as called in LCR.
thanks
In LCR, Organizations>Primary>Primary Activities Boys (or Girls)>Members

You will have to print the lists for the activity leaders as they do not have direct access.
mobident

Post by mobident »

thanks!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Or you could train the Primary Secretary how to provide the lists. I think the responsibility to provide the information to the activity leaders should fall on the Primary Presidency before it falls on the clerk.
valkinkead

Post by valkinkead »

garystroble wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:40 pm
mobident wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:44 am I am a ward clerk. Primary is asking for activity leaders to have access to member lists for whom they are assigned. is there a way to provide that? all show as called in LCR.
thanks
In LCR, Organizations>Primary>Primary Activities Boys (or Girls)>Members

You will have to print the lists for the activity leaders as they do not have direct access.
WHY ON EARTH do they not have direct access?!?!?!? This is super annoying and non-sensical. I am the activity days leader. Why can I not directly access a list of the girls who I work with. This doesn't make any sense at all. It creates extra work for others when it could be a simple fix. I just need a list of the names. I don't need any other information. it seems like it could be a simple coding thing to just give access to a list of names. I understand that there are privacy things with kids, but obviously if we are working with them on a regular basis, we already know their names, so why can't we just access the list without having to go through the primary secretary?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

valkinkead wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:51 am WHY ON EARTH do they not have direct access?!?!?!? This is super annoying and non-sensical.
It's most likely legal. Otherwise, it would have been done. From what I've observed, only those that the Handbook charge with being responsible for the member's spiritual well-being are allowed access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”