LCR Cookie Issue

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jackwmoore

LCR Cookie Issue

Post by jackwmoore »

Hi All,

Before I log this with the GSD, I’m wondering if this is a known issue of if it’s just me.
When using LCR, i can often do one “session” fine, however it seems after a short while, for me when using any browser (I’ve tried chrome, Firefox, safari, edge) there seems to be a cookie or cache or something that without fail, blows out and makes the site unable to load.
I can get around this by using incognito, as it isn’t storing whatever it was prior, or clearing my cache and cookies, however as this messes up 2FA, it would be nice to have it work on a normal browsing session.
This seems to only be somewhat recent, and doesn’t affect LCR-F.
Wondering if anyone else has noticed these issues?
Thanks all, have a great sabbath :)
Jack Moore
Ward Clerk

Ether 12:27
"for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Cookie Issue

Post by rmrichesjr »

There is a known cookie issue, but it is not specific to LCR, as far as I'm aware. If I have understood correctly, the issue is that the value/content of one or more cookies grow until it no longer works for its intended purpose. Thus, clearing cookies makes that problem go away. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge about the details will also reply.

Now, it's possible there might be more than one issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR Cookie Issue

Post by russellhltn »

There is a known cookie issue, but it usually takes time to manifest itself. Certainly more than a single session.

Either this is something different, or it manages to blow up the cookie in a single session.

When you talk with GSD, I'd stress what parts are affected and how quickly it happens. Otherwise, it's likely to be sent to the "known issues" file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”