Virtual Stake Conference with everyone at home

Virtual visits, Multi-Stake conferences, Priesthood Leadership Conferences, Church Leadership Conferences
simph1

Re: Virtual Stake Conference with everyone at home

Post by simph1 »

jnpetersen wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:03 pm Thanks for sharing. We tried what you have there, and if yours is successful, fantastic, but we had a negative response from people that they had to go to a website to get their link. I've taken ours offline currently and until the Stake Presidency changes our process, every Ward has a dedicated Zoom link they use, so everyone typically has it bookmarked in their phone or computer.
We do not give out a zoom, YouTube or other link for the actual stream.

They visit the website and watch inside the website itself. The website url never changes.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

simph1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:22 pm
jnpetersen wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:03 pm Thanks for sharing. We tried what you have there, and if yours is successful, fantastic, but we had a negative response from people that they had to go to a website to get their link. I've taken ours offline currently and until the Stake Presidency changes our process, every Ward has a dedicated Zoom link they use, so everyone typically has it bookmarked in their phone or computer.

They visit the website and watch inside the website itself. The website url never changes.
Which can be a benefit for those members using a traditional computer and browser to view the broadcast.
As we quickly found out, about 70% of our members use a Phone or smart TV which makes the experience more tricky for navigating websites optimised for desktops.

You can't please everyone!
simph1

Post by simph1 »

simph1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:22 pm

That is why I use code that is optimized for phones, tablets and all kinds of devices.

In fact the Bishops of our stake love using it on their phones on the pulpit for those who request the broadcast and they were late, so that they can be granted by the Bishops in real time.

Return to “Stake Conference with Remote Participants”