Unable to print older tax receipt

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
dongurr

Unable to print older tax receipt

Post by dongurr »

I am a Ward Clerk in Canada. I am trying to help a member of our ward print a copy of her 2019 Tax Receipt.

I have not found a way to do this in LCR.

It appears that members should be able generate their own Tax Receipts, but there appears to be a bug in that feature. When I go to Donations > Donor Statements > Official Tax Statement > 2019 > Generate Statement, the system generates my statement for 2021, instead of 2019. Is this a known issue?

Any suggestions as to how I can help this member generate her 2019 Tax Receipt?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to print older tax receipt

Post by russellhltn »

Working fine for me. You might try incognito mode. There's a cookie problem with church websites that can cause all kinds of strange things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

As Canada has different tax laws and retention periods, it could be a specific problem with Canada finance records. If the cookie suggestion does not work, you may need to contact the GSD for help.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dongurr wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:59 pm I am a Ward Clerk in Canada. I am trying to help a member of our ward print a copy of her 2019 Tax Receipt.
You will probably have to go to the Global Services Department to get this done. I was not aware you could print any of your Canadian tax receipts. That you can do the most current one is a great improvement.
dongurr

Post by dongurr »

Unfortunately, using Incognito mode did not help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. If you're given the option, I'd expect it to work. So, either way, something is wrong.

IIRC, the US has some of the shortest retention periods, I think other countries were longer. Like 5 years instead of 3.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:10 pm Interesting. If you're given the option, I'd expect it to work. So, either way, something is wrong.
Canada has a totally different financial system. The Church tries to link some of the software while keeping the actual finances separated, but it does not always work. I agree that if the option is there, you should be able to access it. But the menu may just be a default one.

How long have you been able to print your own Tax Statement in Canada? If you were still using paper statements with serial numbers in 2019, then the menu going back three years is before its time.

Either way, the Help Center should be able to assist.

Return to “Online Donations”